Having problems with your 1966 Ford Mustang ?

'65 mustang p/s control valve removal

\015 I was wondering if anyone could tell me the easiest way to remove the p/s control valve from my mustang. it has the v-8 style control valve. i rented a pitman arm puller, but which side do i pull first. the one connected to the steering box or the one connected to the control valve? I guess all im trying to do is change the rubber boot that goes around the ball stud, where the ball stud and the pitman arm connect. If anyone could give me some guidence or a procedure to work with that would be sweet. \015\012\015\012Thanks,\015\012George\015 Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 18-02-2019

Answers :

The ball stud is tapered, I disconnected mine from the pitman arm by hitting the pitman arm w/ a hammer, it can take some time but it should come off w/ just hitting it w/ a hammer.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1966 Ford Mustang

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0052 seconds