Having problems with your 1986 Buick LeSabre ?
How do change a 1986 buick lesabre transmission
Automatic Transaxle Assembly \015\012REMOVAL & INSTALLATION \015\012
- Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery. Detach the wire connector at the Mass Air Flow sensor. \015\012
- If equipped, remove the cross brace to strut towers, as follows: \015\012
- Loosen the bar assembly through-bolts. \015\012
- Remove the inboard strut nuts. \015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 1: The automatic transaxle fluid level sensor is mounted in the top of the transaxle case \015\012
- Remove the brace assembly. \015\012
- Reinstall the inboard strut nuts. \015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 2: Exploded view of the strut tower cross brace \015\012
- Remove the air intake duct. \015\012
- Disconnect the cruise control cable from the throttle body. \015\012
- Remove the shift control linkage from the mounting bracket at the transaxle and the lever at the manual shaft. \015\012
- Label and detach the connectors from the following: \015\012
- Park/neutral/backup lamp switch. \015\012
- Transaxle electrical connector. \015\012
- Vehicle speed sensor and fuel pipe retainers.
- Remove the fuel pipe retainers. \015\012
- Disconnect the vacuum modulator hose from the modulator. \015\012WARNING
You must support or remove the engine. If the engine is not support you may damage the engine, transaxle, halfshafts or many other components. \015\012
- Remove the three top transaxle-to-engine block bolts and install a suitable engine support fixture. Load the support fixture by tightening the wingnuts several turns in order to relieve the tension on the frame and the mounts. \015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 3: You have to use a suitable holding fixture to support the engine. If necessary, one can usually be rented \015\012
- Turn the steering wheel to the full left position. \015\012
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove both front tire and wheel assemblies. \015\012
- Drain the automatic transaxle fluid into a suitable container. \015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. 4: Drain the automatic transaxle fluid into a suitable drain pan, but be careful, as this can be messy \015\012
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1986 Buick LeSabre
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.