Having problems with your 1988 Buick Century ?
Where is the blower motor and how is it replaced on a 1988 Buick Century?
\015\012Below are instructions from autozone.com for replacing your blower.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION\015\012See Figures 1, 2 and 3
\015\012This procedure is applicable for vehicles, with or without air conditioning.
- Disconnect the negative cable at the battery. \015\012 \015\012
- On the 3.1L (VIN M) you will need to remove the serpentine belt and move the alternator aside. See Engine & Engine Overhaul for removal and installation. \015\012 \015\012
- For the 2.2L (VIN 4), disconnect the air inlet resonator, then remove the torque strut from the engine. Rotate the engine slightly forward. \015\012 \015\012
- Working inside the engine compartment, disconnect the blower motor electrical leads. \015\012 \015\012
- Remove the motor retaining bolts. If there is a hose disconnect it, then remove the blower motor.
Fig. Fig. 1: Remove the blower motor retaining bolts ...
\015\012 \015\012\015\012 \015\012\015\012\015\012
Fig. Fig. 2: ... then disconnect the hose
Fig. Fig. 3: The blower motor can now be removed
- Position the blower motor on it\015
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.