Having problems with your 1988 Dodge Aries ?

The plastic valve is broken between the engine and the heater core. What is this part called? Is it a valve or just a junction point for the two hoses?

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 21-01-2019

Answers :

Some are junctions,but some are heater control valves,they cut the flow of hot coolant to the heater core so the ac can work better,and soo not to give any heat if not wanted,if it has a electric plug on it,or vacuum it is a valve,replace it.If it is just an junction,just go to the parts store and get any kind of hose connectors to join the hoses together
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1988 Dodge Aries

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0092 seconds