Having problems with your 1989 Nissan Sentra 4 Door ?
Does the cam shaft on a 1987 sentra 1.3 E13S engine take a spacer or washer between the oil seal housing and cyclinder head
Here's what the tech data says for installation:
- \015\012Slide the camshaft into the cylinder head carefully and then install a NEW oil seal.
- \015\012Install the cylinder head and rear timing belt cover.
- \015\012Set the camshaft so that the knockpin faces upward and then install the camshaft sprocket so its timing mark aligns with the one on the rear timing cover.
- \015\012Install the timing belt.
- \015\012Coat the rocker shaft and the interior of the rocker arm with engine oil. Install them so the punchmark on the shaft faces forward and the oil holes in the shaft face down. The cut-out in the center retainer on the shaft should face the exhaust manifold side of the engine.
- \015\012Make sure the valve adjusting screws are loosened and then tighten the shaft bolts to 13-15 ft. lbs. (18-20 Nm) in several stages, from the center out. The first and last mounting bolts should have a new bolt stopper installed.
- \015\012Adjust the valves and refill all fluid levels.
- \015\012Start engine, check timing and road test.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1989 Nissan Sentra 4 Door
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.