Having problems with your 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage ?
Had new distributor put 3 days ago , 200 miles , had a slight tick sound so was watching oil carefully, noticed was leaking worse than before, so I changed the oil to put new filter on, drove 4 moles down the road to gas station, looked under car,all new oil on the ground , no drops from filter or plug, but pouring out of bottom of motor. Got a clue what just happened? I have a 93 mirage 1.5
- Hi, for oil to leak that fast you have got a massive leak. The ticking itself could be from low oil. First check the oil plug (where you drain the oil) on the oil pan with will be the bottom most part of the engine. It is possible the plug is not holding tight, the gasket may be old, torn or just plain missing. Sometimes people will strip them oil plugs. When this happens the pan has to be tapped a little over and a new, slightly oil plug installed.
- On the oil filter housing are oil cooler line that have to hold a lot of pressure. Follow those lines to see if they are leaking oil.
- I don't see a front seal leaking leaking quite that bad. A valve cover I am not sure would leak quite like that either. Your oil pan gasket could leak like this though. When you check the oil pan plug look strait up to all them little bolt holding the oil pan to the lower part of the engine. If leaking is noted then snug them bolts up or have them snugged up.
- You may have to throw a piece of cardboard on the ground and crawl underneath with a flashlight and get a better eyeball on the leak. What ever the leak it is massive and should be repaired before driving or you could loose to much oil and seize your engine. The ticking. in my opinion, is the engine telling you it is very low on oil as it is.
- If you have any comments please feel free to leave them here. \012
- Hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1993 Mitsubishi Mirage
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.