Having problems with your 1994 Volvo 940 ?
Oil smell smells like it is burning oil last oil change was 3 months ago
Common causes of smelling "burning" oil are:\012\012
- a leak in the valve cover gasket. When oil leaks from the valve cover gasket, it will often burn off on the manifold. \012
- a blown oil seal causing oil to burn off on the exhaust system \012
- check your exhaust for "blue smoke" a sign that the engine is actually burning oil. Just guessing here but a 16 year old Volvo is bound to have quite a few miles on it.
Clean all of your crankcase breather system from your black box on your crankcase up and over to your EGR valve must be clean .
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1994 Volvo 940
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.