Having problems with your 1995 Mercury Cougar ?
Auto door locks
\015 Can you please tell me how to disable the automatic door lock feature on my 1995 Mercury Cougar XR7 (V8). It locks the doors when you turn on the car....this has lead to several instances of locking myself out of the car with it running.\015
To activate the autolock feature, use the following steps: \015\012
- Enter the five-digit permanent entry code into keyless entry keypad (14A626) \015\012.
- Press and hold the 7/8 button on the keyless entry keypad within five \015\012seconds of entering the code.
- Press and then release the 3/4 button within five seconds of pressing and \015\012holding the 7/8 button.
- Release the 7/8 button on keyless entry keypad within five seconds of \015\012releasing the 3/4 button. \015\012To deactivate the autolock, repeat the above sequence.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1995 Mercury Cougar
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.