Having problems with your 1996 Chevrolet C3500 ?
How to replace fuel pump 1996 chevy 1 ton hd
\015 How to replace fuel pump 1996 chevy 1 ton hd\015
Easiest wayI found was disconnect Battery tail lighting & remove bed only 6 bolts remove wiring , lock ring &pull unit out
\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012Fig. Fig. 1: Electric fuel pump-TBI engines\015\012
- \015\012\015\012 With the engine turned\015\012 OFF\015\012 , relieve the fuel pressure at the pressure regulator. Refer to the fuel relief procedure in this section.\015\012 \015\012 \015\012
- \015\012Disconnect the negative battery cable.\015\012 \015\012
- \015\012Raise and support the rear of the vehicle on jackstands.\015\012 \015\012
- \015\012Drain the fuel tank, then remove it.\015\012 \015\012
- \015\012Using a hammer and a drift punch, drive the fuel lever sending\015\012device and pump assembly locking ring (located on top of the fuel tank)\015\012counterclockwise. Lift the assembly from the tank and remove the pump\015\012from the fuel lever sending device.\015\012 \015\012
- \015\012Pull the pump up into the attaching hose while pulling it outward\015\012away from the bottom support. Be careful not to damage the rubber\015\012insulator and strainer during removal. After the pump assembly is clear\015\012of the bottom support, pull it out of the rubber connector.\015\012
- \015\012Connect the fuel pump to the hose.\015\012
\015\012\015\012Be careful that you don't fold or twist the strainer when installing the sending unit, or you'll restrict fuel flow.\015\012
- \015\012Install a new O-ring on the pump assembly and then position them into the fuel tank.\015\012 \015\012
- \015\012Turn the locking ring clockwise until its tight.\015\012 \015\012
- \015\012Install the fuel tank and connect the battery cable.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1996 Chevrolet C3500
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.