Having problems with your 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab ?

Jerking on take off/converter solenoid circuit code

\015 When I take off from a stop, if I accelerate to hard, I feel a series of jerks and slips and sometimes hear noise. The computer code says "converter solenoid circuit." I had the fluid changed a while back and am not sure if they used atf+4 or not (probably not). Would this cause the problem? If so, what do I need to do to fix it? Where is the converter solenoid? Can it be changed without removing transmition?\015 Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 30-11-2020

Answers :

You used to be able to adjust the band slippage on the older Dodges if I remember correctly like on my old 94. I'm not sure when that stopped but there were a bolt on the side of the transmission that allowed for it and it was in the service manual. Try checking Alldata.com... It's like buying one of the $20 manuals in the parts store, but also have access to Tech Notes and Updates for the manufacture.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Club Cab

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0080 seconds