Having problems with your 1996 Ford Explorer ?
How do you fix the oxygen sensor for 1996 ford explorer
NOTE: If excessive force is needed to remove heated oxygen sensor, lubricate heated oxygen sensor with Penetrating Lubricant prior to removal.
- Disconnect battery ground cable. \012
- Disconnect heated oxygen sensor from engine control sensor extension wiring. \012
- On 3.0L, 4.0L and 5.0L raise and support vehicle. \012
- Remove heated oxygen sensors from exhaust manifold, inlet pipe, or dual converter Y pipe, using an Oxygen Sensor Wrench.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. \012
- Apply a light coat of anti-seize compound to thread. \012
- Tighten heated oxygen sensors to 36-46 Nm (27-33 lb-ft).
I have a 98 all wheel drive ford explorer v8, that some times while driving the gas petal sticks and i lose power, if i let it rest for a while it will will resume . what can i do to fix it. took it to a shop and they couldn't find the problem, help
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1996 Ford Explorer
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.