Having problems with your 1996 Mercury Mystique ?
1996 Mercury Mystique Window
\015 I was able to get door panel and bolts out of the door (drivers side)\012Ive been triing to get the window disconected from the slide and get the moter and reg out what am i missing on the slide nuts bolts glue what is it ??\015
Here are the instructions:
- Gently remove the door panel of your Contour, ensuring that you don't break the three door clips that hold it on. As you pull the panel from the door, support the panel from below. This will ensure that none of the wiring inside the door is damaged. Release the wiring from the components inside the door, including the power window mechanism, power lock mechanism (if equipped) and the stereo speaker. Place the door panel in a safe area with the clips so they are accessible when you are ready to replace them.
- 2Remove the window glass by sliding it up and out of the door. Support the glass from the bottom so it doesn't drop and break. Window glass for a Contour can cost around $150 to replace. After you remove the glass, put it in a safe place. You may want to wrap it in old towels or blankets to protect it until you are ready to reinstall it.
- Unplug the wires from your Contour's window motor, and remove the screws from the window motor and regulator. Remove the power window motor and regulator from your Contour to make way for the new parts.
- 4Install the new window regulator into the door, and replace the screws that held them in place.
- 5Replace the window glass into the door, and connect it to your Contour's power window motor and regulator assembly.
- 6Replace the door panel. Reconnect the wiring for the power window and power lock controls, and replace each clip that connects the panel to the door.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1996 Mercury Mystique
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.