Having problems with your 1998 Ford Escort ?
Crank positioning for new timeing belt on a 2.0 dohc
- crank on tdc / number one cylinder all the way up /balancer mark will be on 0 degree's \012
- turn cam shaft till nuber one cylinder will be closed (both vavles will be closed on number 1 cylinder) \012
- dist. rotor will point to number 1 terminal (plug wire) on dist. cap \012
- this will be in cam timing \012
- will have to set advance /****** timing after running w/timing lite \012
- after set timing belt can crank before putting all assc. back on (just run enough to see it will crank)
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1998 Ford Escort
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.