Having problems with your 1998 Honda Passport ?

I have a 98 honda passport that i need to put transmission fluid in but i need a diagram to make sure i'm putting it in the rite whole

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 19-07-2021

Answers :

(Duplicate Question = Duplicate Answer)

If you have an automatic transmission, you should take it to a mechanic\015\012or at least purchase the special fluid temperature gauge needed to do\015\012it right. You add fluid through the overfill screw opening found on the\015\012transmission fluid pan (there is no dipstick or underhood component on\015\012the 96' and later models). It should be located in one corner of the\015\012pan; there's also a drain plug is more toward the middle. Never open\015\012the overfill screw with the engine stopped - it should always be\015\012running and warm.

Again I say: beg, borrow, buy, or steal a temperature gauge if you have\015\012an automatic. Add the new fluid with a small pump or syringe only when\015\012the gauge reads between 90 and 135 degrees F.

For a manual transmission, the fill plug is also on the pan, but it is located on the side.

Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1998 Honda Passport

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0051 seconds