Having problems with your 1998 Jaguar XJ8L ?
1998 Jaguar XJ8 had a short in the phone regulator and drained the battery.
\015 1998 Jaguar XJ8 had a short in the phone regulator under the center console due to liquids, the display PHONE stayed on all night long after this happened, i usually drive enough every day to keep a good charge on the battery even though this was drawing on it at night for a few hours, i awoke yesterday to a dead battery so I disconnected the PHONE transmitter under the armrest/console to prevent further draw (Procrastination) too late too look back, after i disconnected it i placed my car charger on left front terminal post to open trunk, no luck so I opened the back drivers side door and placed it on the termal post located in the foot bay fuse box NO LUCK, so i opened the hood andd passenger side box that holds the TCM and I placed the positive on the positive post located there and it worked great, I opened the trunk and connected the charger to the battery and charged overnight, this morning I awoke realizing that I hooked it up to the battery but did not disconnect the pos/neg cables and t charged all night with them on. I got indie the car the lights and everything are working fine however the car is not turning over like a dead battery, DID I SCREW SOMTHING UP HERE or do I just need to get a new battery\015
You will need to replaced the components that liquid got in, no choice there..
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1998 Jaguar XJ8L
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.