Having problems with your 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee ?

How do I replace the S belt - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 20-05-2019

Answers :

First thing to do is to have an copy of the belt routing diagram . It must be under the hood or in your manual. The belt tensioner is located on the top center of the engine, loosen it . When it becomes loose slip the belt off the tensioner and from the other pulleys through which it has been routed. remove the belt after it has been removed from all the pulleys its passing through.

Get your new belt and pass it as in the routing diagram over the lower pulley and then proceed to the crank shaft pulley.The crankshaft pulley is located at the bottom center of the engine.

Check if the belts are aligned properly and tighten the tensioner bolt . Before closing the hood start the engine and check it.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0083 seconds