Having problems with your 1999 Buick LeSabre ?
What do i need to remove to replace ignition switch
If the vehicle is not equipped with an air bag, skip Step 1 and simply disconnect the negative battery cable. Also, disregard all instructions below related to air bags.
- \015\012If equipped, disable the SIR system, as outlined in Section 6 of this manual.
- \015\012If not already done, disconnect the negative battery cable.
- \015\012Remove the turn signal switch assembly.
- \015\012Remove the key from the lock cylinder. Remove the buzzer switch and clip.
- \015\012Reinsert the key into the lock cylinder and turn it to the LOCK position.
- \015\012Remove the cylinder lock-to-steering column screw, then remove the lock set.
- \015\012If equipped, detach the pass key connector.
- \015\012Install the lock cylinder, attach the pass key connector (if equipped), then tighten the lock-to-steering column screw to 22 inch lbs. (2.5 Nm).
- \015\012Position the key in the RUN position and reverse the removal procedures.
- \015\012Install the turn signal switch.
- \015\012If equipped with the SIR system, properly enable the system, as outlined in Section 6 of this section.
- \015\012If not already done, connect the negative battery cable, then check the turn signals for proper operation.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1999 Buick LeSabre
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.