Having problems with your 1999 Volkswagen Passat ?

I need t obleed the coolant system on 1996 V6 passat. Lost water due to burst pipe.

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 18-06-2018

Answers :

Look for Schrader valve/valves on the upper part of the engine. They will look like a tire valve. With the engine running at full temperature press these to bleed the system by removing the cap on th valve and pressing the valve in. When you see no more air escaping you are done. If you find no Schrader valves then remove the radiator cap, engine cold, and start the engine. Make sure the radiator is totally full. Start the engine and watch for air bubbles escaping from the system and keep it full at all times. Once you see no more air bubbles escaping put the cap back on.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 1999 Volkswagen Passat

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0089 seconds