Having problems with your 2000 Ford Focus ?
Changing headlight on ford focus 2003
\015 We had tried to change the bulb by "swiveling the bult and gently pulling it out. No matter how we swivel it the light bulb will not release. It feel like there is something pulling it back. The bulb is on the right side. Any ideas? It's a very tight spot and I can't see in there, only feel.\015
Here's how it comes out.
- remove the large circular plastic cover by turning it counter clockwise a quarter turn. pull off. \015\012
- pull wire connector off bulb. \015\012
- swing the silver wire spring clip out of the way. It rotates from the outside to the inside. Reach in with your finger just above the bulb and you can get your finger over the top of the wire and pull out and rotate it. The wire clip is screwed in at the bottom. \015\012
- pull the bulb straight out. \015\012
- note locating tang when installing new bulb. \015\012
- swing clip back in place \015\012
- Install cover
It is very hard to get to but you need to turn the bulb housing counter clock wise and it should pull out far enough to replace the bulb. Be sure not to touch the new bulb glass with your hands. grab it by it's housing. then reverse the process.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2000 Ford Focus
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.