Having problems with your 2000 Ford Mustang ?
I have a 2000 Mustang that has been to the dealership 3 times since December. Service engine light came on, diagnosed with PO411 code and they replaced the diverter valve. Car started spark knocking really bad and idling rough, so they replaced the air valve solenoid. Now it's doing the same thing and they are now saying that it may be the egr valve. Are these the symptoms of an erg valve gone bad?
I look for some info for the code P-0411 and in the code description for diagnostic sends me to the code P-1411 and the possible causes for this code are the following components
- Electric AIR Pump \012 \012
- Hose from AIR pump leak \012 \012
- AIR bypass solenoid leak/blocked \012 \012
- Hose from AIR pump blocked \012 \012
- AIR bypass solenoid stuck open/closed
Yes, it's possible, but the valve can be tested rather than just replacing it, as there are other possible reasons for the knocking. Knock can also be caused by bad knock sensors. They are not troubleshooting properly. These parts should be tested before replacing. What is the current trouble code?
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2000 Ford Mustang
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.