Having problems with your 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee ?

What is the long bar in front underneath that controls the tires from side to side.it's rusted thru and cannot control the tires....

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 15-07-2019

Answers :

The steering arm or bar. If you plan to repair it yourself you can look on this site for the part.
\012However, I suggest that you take some pictures of the part and go to a used parts store or junkyard, along with the complete information about your vehicle.
\012If you are not going to repair it yourself, I would have it towed to a garage that specializes in Jeep repairs.

this is called the tracking bar, or track bar here in the UK, not sure of the term used in the states, sounds like either your steering rack is damaged or power steering is faulty, lastly the track rod end may have snapped off. please clarify and I will get back to you.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0054 seconds