Having problems with your 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis ?
My blower is not working
\015 I have checked every thing i know of the blower works and it has power going to it and the only thing that is not working is the ground wire i can bypass it by running to the battery but i dont have any control of the speed of the blower from the control switch so maybe some one can tell my why i have no ground \015\012thank for your time\015
Description and Operation\015\012\015\012Notes\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012\015\012The heater blower motor switch resistor has the following features:
- The assembly is located in the engine compartment on the evaporator housing toward the center of the vehicle. \015\012
- Three resistor elements are mounted on the resistor board to provide four blower motor speeds. \015\012
- Depending on the heater blower motor switch position, series resistance is added or bypassed in the A/C blower motor circuit to decrease or increase A/C blower motor speed. \015\012
- An overheating protective device (thermal limiter) will open the resistor coil when the temperature reaches 121°C (250°F) interrupting the blower motor operation in all speeds except HI. \015\012
- The thermal limiter cannot be reset and is not serviceable
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.