Having problems with your 2001 Subaru Forester ?
My 2003 Forester driver side window wont work.
\015 My 2003 Subaru Forester driver side window son't go up or down. The motor is working fine You can hear it. It acts like the window is off track. How do you remove the door panel to inspect it.\015
You need power window regulator as the cable of the regulator is out its place ,
- Remove the gusset cover. \015\012
- Pull up the inner door handle\015\012cover toward you to remove the upper hook. Pull down it to remove the\015\012lower hook. Remove the inner door handle cover. \015\012
- Remove the power window switch assembly. \015\012
- Using a trim panel remover, remove the clips of the trim panel. \015\012
- Remove the speaker. \015\012
- Using a spatula, remove the door sealer. \015\012
- Remove the outer mirror assembly. \015\012
- Remove the front end of the door weatherstrip and gusset. \015\012
- Remove the stabilizers. \015\012
- Remove the rear end of the door weatherstrip (inner and outer). \015\012
- Operate\015\012the power windows switch so the bolts from the regular assembly are\015\012visible through the service holes. Remove the mounting nuts. \015\012
- Take out the door glass.\015\012CAUTIONDo not turn the regulator in closing direction after removal of the glass. Otherwise gear may be disengaged. \015\012
- Loosen the nuts to remove the rear sash. \015\012
- Disconnect the power window motor wiring harness. \015\012
- Loosen the four bolts and two nuts to pull out the regulator assembly. \015\012
- Remove the screws to remove the motor from the regulator assembly. \015\012
- Installation is the reverse order of removal.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2001 Subaru Forester
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.