Having problems with your 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer ?
AC knob wont switch all the way over to heat...
\015 I can turn it over to the heat side, but it bounces back to cold\015
- so the knob is either broken or stiff to move and plyers wont turn all the the way to throw heat or cold air out for you. \015\012
- gently undo the two screws underneath your heater controls ( 2 screws) \015\012
- after that pull that peice out (there are no clips so it should be easy) \015\012
- after that is out you have more room to play with (getting your hand up behind the controls) \015\012
- now take the peice around the heater knobs and cd player off there are a few clips on this part so be careful not to break any but if gentle should come out easy. \015\012
- after thats off unscrew the cd player and unconnect the attena wire (small black wire hooked at far left of cd player) and the other radio harness. \015\012
- after that remove cd player out of the way. \015\012
- then you can see that your heater/ ac knob switch is controlled by a plastic arm try and push all the way to the left for heat and right for cold air. (this is one of the ways if they plyers arent working anymore) \015\012
- another place to look if your not getting the right results yet is underneath near the gas a break pedal to the right its a white plastic peice with another arm system in which you can either push toward the front of the car for heat or back to driver for cold air (may have them mixed up but either or should give results) \015\012
- re assembe and your good to go rather then a costly trip to the dealership if your just looking to stay warm in the winter or cool in the summer.
There is a service bulliten on this issue. New blend link and lever (the part you turn by hand under the dash) and a blend door kit. Also to add HVAC filter if the car isn't equipped. Must remove the HVAC unit to install the blend door (dash R&R). Everyone needs to complain at http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ to get a recall. Heater and defrost is required by NHTSA as I understand so it is saftey related.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.