Having problems with your 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser ?
Still want to shoot into a thermal runaway.
\015 What I've done,is the new thermostat, old one looked like new.\012New radiator, old one also looked like new.Removed fan low speed relay so fan comes on with \302\240high speed relay only.I'm now suspecting that the main belt tensioner idle pulley has allowed belt slippage and lack of water pump flow.Is this an off the wall guess?\015
First of try to understand exactly what part you mention exactly how they work or function\015\012\015\012
- please place a new low speed relay as it try to make out thermal heating cool at it's initial 1st stage level of heating so that the temperature remain maintain if thus it reaches the second level of heating then the high speed relay act at that time & the speed of radiator fan increase to get thermal heating in control. \015\012
- the thermostat regulate the heating temperature of the engine it senses the temperature & signal to the relay the relay then react according to the temperature level of engine at low heating it operate the low speed relay & high temperature it signal to high speed relay so the engine temperature does not rise to extended level of heating or overheating. \015\012
- see for thermostat valve is failure if that so replace it new sometime most of the mechanic change it or cancel it so that the temperature does not rise as this thermostat help engine maintain it's ideal temperature which is required by the engine for regular or good working even at extreme climatic condition. \015\012
- Do check for every tensioner or Ideal Bearing as far consider on the No. of miles or Km the vehicle has run according to us the tensioner or ideal bearing are suppose to be replace at an interval of 30000 to 35000 Km. but this replacement include both Engine timing belt & tensioner & ideal tensioner bearing. \015\012
- A water pump flow depend on the tension of the drive belt some vehicle come with water pump which drive on inner timing belt tension & some on the fan belt or external tension belt of engine.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.