Having problems with your 2003 Nissan Murano ?
How to remove the tail lights from a 2003 murano
\015 I already remove the two bolts on one of the tail light but can't remove the tail light from the housing.\015
Here's the step by step procedure from the beginning.
- Carefully remove the black one inch wide plastic molding strip that runs along the interior side of the tail light. This can be pried off carefully without breaking the plastic clips that hold it in place. \015\012
- Using a 10mm socket, remove the two bolts that you see which secure the tail light housing. \015\012
- The tail light housing is also held in place with three or four plastic clips which can be broken rather easily if you don't do this next step carefully. Begin prying the plastic tail light using a plastic putty knife or screwdriver. The top clip comes out pretty easily and so does the bottom one. \015\012
- On a cold winter day, the middle clip is the one that can break rather easily so gently rock the tail light or wait for warm weather when the plastic isn't brittle.
- Once the tail light "bucket" is removed it's a simple matter to replace the bulbs.
I just replaced one and had the same problem. You have to remove the moldings from around the housing and remove the screws behind there and then it should come out.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2003 Nissan Murano
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.