Having problems with your 2004 Audi A6 ?
What is P0300 in Audi A6 - 2004 Audi A6
Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0300
Multiple Cylinder Misfire (Increase Emission)
- To detect whether the engine is misfiring, the ECM keeps a check on the crankshaft.
- The ECM also supervises the camshaft positions for the same purpose as mentioned in the first sentence.
- The ECM waits to pick up signals for a quick dip in crankshaft speed.
- The system executes this test in blocks of 1000 engine revolution tests.
- The number of tests may vary between one to many in order to store a DTC, the MIL.
- If there is a misfire then the MIL will begin to glow , indicating that catalyst damage is likely to occur.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2004 Audi A6
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.