Having problems with your 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier ?

Where is the dipstick for trany located under the hood

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 17-06-2019

Answers :

You can buy a trans dip stick for the 2004 cavalier at Auto Zone for about 16.00
Unfortunately there is no transmission dipstick fitted to the newer model\015\012Cavalier autos. Apparently GM figured that the fluid level did not really need checking between major services. Big mistake.

There is a red fill cap on the drivers side on top of\015\012the transmission. The only way to check it at home is to jack up the car,\015\012making sure it is level, with a jack on each side of the car, and\015\012remove a small plug from the SIDE of the transmission (from under the car). It is approx. a 3/8" or a\015\0127/16" size plug. When removed fluid will drain out if the transmission is\015\012overfilled. When there is no more fluid coming out, it is at it's\015\012proper level. If there is none coming out, then add more fluid until it comes\015\012out and levels off.
It will be easier to access if you also remove the left front wheel of the car.
I would NOT recommend doing this at home. It will be much easier and safer to take the car to the local mechanic and get the car up on the hoist where it is accessible and level. That way you can check properly and ensure the fluid is at the correct position with the vehicle in a fully level position.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0099 seconds