Having problems with your 2004 Chrysler Pacifica ?
How does the thermostat fit properly in the housing
\015 I just replaced the thermostat for 2004 chrysler pacifica 3.5 eng. but having trouble aling the thermostat inside the housing where the radiator house connect. i try it twice is still leaking any suggestiong. pleasse hellp\015
- Coolant Temperature Sensor \015\012
- Engine Fan \015\012
- Radiator \015\012
- Thermostat \015\012
- Removal & Installation
- Water Pump
- HOME \015\012
- REPAIR HELP \015\012
- 2004 CHRYSLER TRUCK PACIFICA 2WD 3.5L SFI SOHC 6CYL REPAIR GUIDE \015\012
- ENGINE COOLING \015\012
- THERMOSTAT \015\012
- REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
\015\012\015\012\015\012Removal & Installation\015\012
- 3.5L ENGINE
Print Here is how to do it,if it does'nt fit right make sure you have the right thermostat.
\015\012\015\012CAUTION\015\012Never remove pressure cap with the system hot and under pressure because serious burns from coolant can occur.
- Disconnect negative cable from remote jumper terminal. \015\012 \015\012
- Drain cooling system. \015\012 \015\012
- Disconnect radiator upper hose from thermostat housing. \015\012 \015\012
- Remove thermostat housing bolts. \015\012 \015\012
- Remove housing, thermostat, and gasket.
Fig. View of the coolant outlet connector (1) and thermostat housing (2)-3.5L engine
View of the coolant outlet connector (1) and thermostat housing (2)-3.5L engine \015\012 \015\012
- Clean gasket sealing surfaces. \015\012
- Install thermostat and gasket into thermostat housing. For ease of installation, install bolts in housing for thermostat and gasket retention. \015\012 \015\012
- Install thermostat and housing to the intake manifold. Tighten the bolts to 105 inch lbs. (12 Nm). \015\012 \015\012
- Connect radiator hoses and install hose clamp. \015\012 \015\012
- Refill cooling system. \015\012 \015\012
- Connect negative cable to remote jumper terminal
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.