Having problems with your 2004 Dodge Intrepid ?

2004 Intrepid- when I start the car the RPM surges. If I put it in gear right away and try driving it continues surging down the street. If I start the car and wait like a minute before driving it usually (80% of the time) runs fine the other 20% it surges again. It all started when I couldnt start the car. It would crank and act as if it was starting but when you let the key from start to ignition it would shut down. I unplugged the MAP sensor and it started fine so I have been driving with it

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 06-07-2020

Answers :

The check engine light should be on and when it is the engine controls are in Limp mode. That means the computer is using a pre-set list of settings to try to keep the engine running long enough to get the car to a shop.
You need to get the problem with the MAP sensor fixed and get the light turned off.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2004 Dodge Intrepid

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0106 seconds