Having problems with your 2005 Chevrolet Colorado ?
2007 chevy colorado, i need to replace a drivers side brake lamp i have removed the two phillips screws accessed from the tailgate opening the light assembly is now loose but it wont come off is there another screw accessed from the inside? i think i'll break something if i try to pull it straight off. it seems more difficult than my 07 savana van and that ain't easy, and more difficult than it should be. what ever happened to using screws in the surface of the lens?
You take out the 2 screws then there are 2 nipples sticking out of the cover which click into rubber pieces so to disconnect those u pry your light to the left and they pop out. some have snap rings that u would use like a putty knife to pry the light out. heres a pic of what the snap rings look like
Here are the instructions:
- Open the tailgate. \015\012
- Remove the two screws from the tail lamp assembly. It should be obvious which two as the others clearly are holding the tailgate on. Be careful not to drop and lose them.
- Remove the lamp assembly. There are two clips that hold it in position and if the thing sticks just gently work it out pulling straight back. Don't twist it. \015\012
- Give a short partial untwist to remove the specific bulb holder with bulb (hint: the brake light is the top bulb). \015\012
- Pull the bulb straight out (do not twist).
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2005 Chevrolet Colorado
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.