Having problems with your 2005 Chevrolet Silverado ?
The cable for the spare tire on my 2006 1500 works fine (it's all the way down) but the retainer did not lower at all so I cannot pick up the spare tire. Can anyone help? Thanks
- Rotate the hoist shaft counterclockwise until approximately 15 cm (6 in) of cable (1) is exposed. \015\012
- While holding the latch pin (3), fully depress the latch\015\012button (2) and release the secondary latch from the hoist assembly.\015\012Some side-to-side and/or up-and-down movement may be necessary to\015\012disengage the latch mechanism. \015\012
- Continue rotating the hoist shaft counterclockwise in order to lower the hoist the rest of the way. \015\012
- If this does not release the secondary latch, the spare tire hoist will need to be replaced. See the following procedure.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for 2005 Chevrolet Silverado
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.