Having problems with your Cars & Trucks ?

Im trying to find the low pressure port valve to charge with freon and the hose that i found does not have a port....it looks like the port is on the compressor and not on the hose what do i do i dont really want to have to take it in to a shop thanks

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 14-01-2019

Answers :

First things first, if you can't find the low pressure valve, then you should really do some research online (I'm sure there's at least one forum that deals with your specific vehicle) and become comfortable on how to recharge your system before beginning or you could ruin it.
\015\012That being said, your valve should be located on the Accumulator (a shiny aluminum canister) with a black cap on it. The cap may even have identifying writing on it.
\015\012Good luck!
The low pressure port should be on the hard section of a hose. It should be covered by a plastic cap. The fill port is a quick disconnect type coupling. If you have the pressure gauge and fill hose to charge the system you will see the size of the connector. The high pressure side is a different size so you can not make a mistake. It is usually visible and accessible for easy service.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Cars & Trucks

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0079 seconds