Having problems with your Chevrolet S 10 ?

How do I turn the petcock valve on my Chevy S-10 98" to drain the radiator fluid. It looks nothing like a wingnut and more like an "L" shape that takes some kind of key ... can someone help me other than tell me to remove the bottem hose...

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 21-01-2019

Answers :

Well usually the center is setup for just the square end of a 1/4" rachet (used with a short extention). Look at the end and see it it has a small square hole in it. I'm not sure who told you to take the hose off, and I know you dont want to hear it, but that is great advise. GM petcocks are plastic inside and out. They get eaten up by the antifreeze as it ages and frequently break. Thats major trouble, depending on the break, it could mean a new radiator. The hose is messy, but the way to go. I will not allow the mechanics who work for me to open most plastic petcocks for this reason.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Chevrolet S 10

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0097 seconds