Having problems with your Ford F-150 ?

The line that goes from my rack and pinion to my power steering box busted. what is the name of that ghose so i can go get one

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 25-03-2019

Answers :

Most likely it is the power steering pressure hose.If it is crimped on both ends this would be the correct hose.The return line will usually just have a clamp on it because there is hardly any pressure going back to the pump.Hope this helps.Good luck.
There are 2 lines that service the rack and pinion. One is the high pressure line from the output side of the power steering pump, and the other is the low pressure return line to the power steering pump.

Just determine if it's the output or return line and go to your local auto parts store.

It might not be a bad idea to also pick up a vehicle specific repair manual for precise instructions on how to bleed the lines, etc.

Shouldn't be any problem at all....just a little messy from spilled fluid.

Good luck!
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Ford F-150

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0094 seconds