Having problems with your Ford Ranger ?
No fuel from tank to filter - Ranger Ford Cars & Trucks
If you get someone to turn the engine over for you put your ear in the place where you fill up the gas tank and you will hear almost a buzzing noise, this means your fuel pump is working, if you do not hear that noise your fuel pump is either shot or a fuze broke, hope that helped
I believe the fuel pump is on the tank, as well as a filter in the tank itself.
- I would check for fuses for the fuel pump. \015\012
- I would check for power to the fuel pump. If there is power to the fuel pump, then the problem is the filter, or a stopped line. If not then replace the fuel pump. Replacing the fuel pump can be tricky, especially if you have a full tank.
- Lower the tank to the ground. \015\012
- The fuel pump should be on the top of the tank. \015\012
- Remove the wires, and screws holding the fuel pump in the tank. \015\012
- Remove pump from tank. \015\012
- Clean filter in tank, and replace \015\012
- Replace screws and wires. \015\012
- Lift tank back into place, and bolt back in.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Ford Ranger
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.