Having problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee ?

How do you replace oil pressure switch on a 1999 jeep grand cherokee 4.0L, and where is it located?

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 29-06-2020

Answers :

Your pressure switch is located near the oil filter. If you look at the new one you will be able to find the old one easily. if yours has a provision for a wrench, just use the proper one to unscrew it. If it does not, then you will need the proper size socket made for pressure switches. Different manufacturers use different designs so you may need to use both methods for R&R. It's good to use one wrap of Teflon plumbing tape around the threaded end. Leave the last (closest to engine) thread exposed so as not to obstruct the passage. Do not over-tighten...a npt thread acts as a wedge and you can do damage if it's tightened too much.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Jeep Grand Cherokee

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0086 seconds