Having problems with your Mercedes-Benz 300-Class ?
How do i install a thermostat on a 1985 mecedes
Hi, to install a thermostat in your 1985 Benz, follow the instruction below....\015\012\015\012
- Drain the radiator. Place a drainage container under the drainage bolt that is located on the bottom of the radiator. Open the drainage bolt with a pair of pliers. Close the drainage bolt after the fluid has drained. \015\012
- Locate the thermostat housing by tracing the upper radiator hose to the water pump. The hose connects to the thermostat housing that is located on the water pump. \015\012
- Loosen the band clamp that holds the radiator hose to the thermostat housing with a Phillips screwdriver. With the clamp loosened, pull the hose off the thermostat housing. \015\012
- Remove the bolt that holds the thermostat housing onto the water pump. Pull the thermostat housing off the water pump and discard the old O-ring. \015\012
- Pull the old thermostat out of the water pump and place the new one into place. The ball valve on the thermostat must be in the top position. \015\012
- Place a new O-ring around the thermostat and place the thermostat back onto the water pump. Bolt it into place. \015\012
- Attach the upper radiator hose to the thermostat housing and secure the clamp with a screwdriver. \015\012
- Place a funnel into the radiator-filler cap and drain the radiator fluid back into the radiator.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Mercedes-Benz 300-Class
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.