Having problems with your Mercury Grand Marquis ?

I am going to change the transmission oil and filter i am asking if there is a drain plug on the torque converter to drain the oil out

Posted / edited by AnonymousUser on : 22-07-2019

Answers :

My shop manual for my 1997 XR-7 4.6L V-8(NOT THE OWNERS MANUAL) does read yes there's a drain plug on the converter.I called Fe-duke Ford/Lincoln/Mercury and the service tech also said yes. Guess what? I finally changed my fluid & filter.Yes there's a drain plug on mine.It's a 1/4 inch hole so be sure you have lots of time cause it takes forever to drain.The plug is a hex (allen wrench) flush with converter ajasent to the rear end.Like pointing at the back of the car.
No there is not, the only way to remove the old transmission fluid from converter, is to have a transmission flush done.If your just going to change the filter and fluid, transmission pan will have to be removed.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Mercury Grand Marquis

Tips for a great answer:

- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.

Suggested Questions/Answers :

Loading ...

  • Start your question with What, Why, How, When, etc. and end with a "?"
  • Be clear and specific
  • Use proper spelling and grammar
all rights reserved to the respective owners || carrestorationshop.com || Terms of Use || Contact || Privacy Policy
Load time: 0.0088 seconds