Having problems with your Pontiac Grand Prix ?
Replace water pump 93 grand prix
\015 How do you change water pump on 93 grand prix 3.1L engine, thank you\015
Here is a step by step instruction on how to replace your water pump. please do not forget to rate and comment about your experience today with fixya.
- \015\012Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- \015\012Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- \015\012If necessary for access, remove the coolant recovery reservoir.
- \015\012Partially drain the coolant, into a suitable container, to a level below the water pump.
- \015\012If equipped, remove the serpentine belt guard/cover.
- \015\012Remove the serpentine belt.
- \015\012Remove the retaining bolts, then remove the water pump pulley.
- \015\012Unfasten the 5 water pump attaching bolts, then remove the water pump and gasket. Discard the gasket.
- \015\012Thoroughly clean the water pump mounting surfaces.
- \015\012Position a new gasket, then install the water pump.
- \015\012Install the attaching bolts and tighten them to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- \015\012Install the water pump pulley.
- \015\012Install the serpentine belt and belt cover/guard (if equipped).
- \015\012Refill the cooling system with the specified type and amount amount of engine coolant.
- \015\012Install the air cleaner assembly.
- \015\012Connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for coolant leaks.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Pontiac Grand Prix
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.