Having problems with your Subaru Outback ?
I own a 97 subaru legacy outback that worked fine until my friend filled up the tank with 93 octane. After this the car would keep stalling. It starts fine but after a few seconds it would shut off. If I hit the gas pedal to try and keep it running it will hesitate and then the engine will die. Any help would be appreciated.
- Your vehicle does not need that high of Octane fuel but the fuel itself should not make it bog out. When is the last time you had a tune up plugs, wires, the whole 9 yards?
- Check to make sure the gas cap is on good and tight. \015\012
- Check your air filter and replace if necessary. \015\012
- Check under the hood to see if a vacuum hose knocked itself loose. \015\012
- Perform a full tuneup if it has been a couple years since the last one. \015\012
- The 02 sensor may be malfunctioning as well. Test and or replace it.
Repair Help & Product Troubleshooting for Subaru Outback
Tips for a great answer:- Provide details, support with references or personal experience .
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box .
- It's 100% free, no registration required.